Marawi, Lanao del Sur I Matan-ao, Davao del Sur I President Roxas, North Cotabato
There are currently 235,000 internally displaced persons mostly in house-based settings and others scattered in at least 16 evacuation centers in Lanao del Sur (Bureau of Public Information-ARMM/June 4, 2017). An unaccounted number of people, mostly Maranaos, are feared stranded in conflict zones within the city.
On the other hand, the declaration of Martial Law in Mindanao has unleashed military airstrikes in other parts of the island which has caused the displacement of 1,536 Maguindanaons in President Roxas town, North Cotabato and another 1,200 Blaans in Matan-ao, Davao del Sur. Aerial bombardments have also displaced an undetermined number of Moro civilians in Shariff Saydona, Mustapha, and Mamasapano towns in Maguindanao province.
There is an urgent need to step up our interfaith and humanitarian responses to the crisis in Marawi and the rest of Mindanao.
May we invite you therefore to the NATIONAL INTERFAITH HUMANITARIAN MISSION led by Kalinaw Mindanao on June 13-16, 2017.
The Mission aims to:
1. Serve at least 16,000 IDPs in Lanao del Sur and another 2,700 in North Cotabato and Davao del Sur;
2. Help empower and organize survivors and victims of internal displacements and all-out war;
3. Document and collate the human rights situation in Marawi and other parts of Mindanao to demand accountability and indemnification;
4. Express interfaith solidarity and unity with IDPs and other victims of human rights violations;
5. Call for the release of Fr. Chito Suganob and other civilian hostages in Marawi;
6. Formulate recommendations on how to address communities impacted by terrorism and Martial Law in Mindanao.
Kalinaw Mindanao has been carrying out interfaith responses to Mindanao crises, including massive displacements caused by the all-out war campaign of the Estrada administration in Central Mindanao in 2000, in Sulu and Basilan by the Arroyo government in 2005, and in Central Mindanao in 2008 following the rejection of the MOA-AD.
This invitation enjoins you to:
Help generate/contribute relief support to the Mission areas
Volunteer for psychosocial, medical, and relief services
Enlist as human rights documentors
Participate in Duyog Ramadan and interfaith activities
Interested to join? May we ask you to fill up and submit the attached pre-registration form on or before June 10, 2017. For confirmations and inquiries please contact email@example.com or call/fax +63 082 2994964. We look forward to your affirmative response to this invitation.
For participants coming from Northern Mindanao, send your forms to:
Mr. Aldeem Yañez
Kalinaw Mindanao-NMR Secretariat
c/o RURAL MISSIONARIES OF THE PHILIPPINES-Northern Mindanao Sub-Region (RMP-NMR), Inc
Room 310, 3rd Floor, Diocesan Centrum, Salvador Lluch St, Poblacion, 9200 Iligan City
Alternately, anybody (from northern Mindanao and other regions) can register on-line in this link.
*Poster shown above is for the Marawi (and Iligan) leg of the NIHM